Cape San Blas is a unique barrier stretching 25 miles along the northern Gulf of Mexico. This beautiful stretch of sand has miles of shoreline and some of the best beachfront in Florida. Because it’s relatively isolated, there aren’t many crowds on Cape San Blas. That’s one reason so many people love to visit this spot—it’s quiet and peaceful here!
Is Cape San Blas crowded?
The surrounding area’s population hovers around 9,000, and there’s a good reason for that: Cape San Blas is a quiet beach area with no significant attractions or tourist traps. It doesn’t have any resorts or hotels on the beach; instead, it’s mostly made up of tiny vacation homes and private properties.
Several activities draw visitors to this area all year-round—but there are a few times when visitors can expect to see crowds of people at Cape San Blas. In particular, this is a trendy destination during the spring break season in March and April.
During these months, many students go down to the Florida Panhandle for vacation time away from school—and Cape San Blas is often among their first destinations. This can make it difficult for those who come for other reasons, such as to camp out on the beach or enjoy fishing or hunting opportunities.
There are some restaurants and shops in Port St. Joe and Apalachicola, but neither location is close to Cape San Blas—around 30 minutes away by car—and they’re more geared toward locals than tourists.
The result is an atmosphere that feels relaxed and cozy—you can see why so many Texans choose this place as their vacation destination every year!
Where Should you Stay on Cape San Blas?
Cape San Blas is a great place to stay for a family vacation, romantic getaway, and honeymoon. Located on the west coast of Florida, this stretch of the beachfront property has something for everyone!
- Family Vacation: Cape San Blas offers many things in which you can participate with your children. Many exciting activities such as fishing charters and boat rentals allow you to spend quality time together while exploring nature. Additionally, several restaurants serve delicious food at reasonable prices where families can dine out together over mouthwatering meals!
- Romantic Getaway: Whether it’s just the two of you or with another person/people – there are plenty of romantic things to do on Cape San Blas! You can lie next to each other under a starry night sky while listening to the waves crash against the shore or watch the sunset together while sipping champagne (or other drink). If these activities aren’t entirely what floats your boat, then perhaps taking advantage of one another’s company while soaking up some rays under an umbrella will suffice instead? Or maybe even better yet– why not try snorkeling underwater so both parties can enjoy looking around at nature together?
What is Cape San Blas, Florida, close to?
The town of Cape San Blas is close to Port St Joe, Florida. It’s also close to Mexico Beach, Florida, and Panama City, Florida. Panama City – Northwest Florida Regional Airport (PFN) is the closest airport.
It’s also close to Apalachicola National Forest and St. George Island.
What Are Some Special Places to Eat on Cape San Blas?
The Smokehouse on Cape San Blas
It is an amazingly delicious restaurant with an amiable owner. The first time I went to this restaurant, I was incredibly surprised by how good the food was. It’s not only the food that makes this place unique, though. The staff is accommodating and polite, making the experience more enjoyable. They also have a little shop where you can buy spices to cook back at home. Many people love going here because it is so good. Whether you go for lunch or dinner, you will always get great service and enjoy excellent food!
Indian Pass Raw Bar
If you’re looking for a place to take your family for some of the freshest seafood you’ll find anywhere, look no further than Indian Pass Raw Bar in Cape San Blas. This stone structure may look like the quintessential beach bar, but it’s not your average tiki hut. Once inside, you’ll be treated to a full range of delicious raw bar options—anyone who loves oysters will be in heaven here. From traditional raw bars with a local twist to specialty drinks served in coconuts, Indian Pass Raw Bar is an unforgettable experience that will have everyone talking about the food and fun they had after returning home.
What are major airports close to Cape San Blas, Florida?
You can fly to Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) or Tallahassee International Airport (TLH). The closest airport to Cape San Blas is Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, about a 2-hour drive from the cape.
Can you swim in Cape San Blas?
Yes, you can swim in Cape San Blas. The water is warm enough for swimming, and there are plenty of beaches to choose from. However, as with any beach vacation, safety should be a top priority. If you are planning on swimming at Cape San Blas, please keep the following things in mind:
- Children should not be left unattended while they play in the water;
- People with health issues should check with their doctor before going out into the water;
- Do not swim if you’re not strong enough to make it back to shore without assistance from another person or object;
Be prepared for some wildlife in addition to jellyfish: dolphins love these waters, so expect them to pop up around any boat that passes through. Many people bring their dogs along when they visit–and let’s face it – dogs love the beach! One important thing to remember is that all dog owners must clean up after their pets because we do not want littering issues here!
Please remember that this area has lots of shells on its beaches (especially during low tide), so please watch out for them when walking around barefoot!!
You may have read about Cape San Blas and thought it sounded like the perfect place for you to vacation. Unfortunately, many questions go unanswered in the blogs, forums, and articles that discuss this part of Florida’s Gulf Coast. We’ve compiled some of our client’s most common questions so you can get started on your search for answers before your trip!