Floridians are known for their love of all things warm, sunny, and beautiful. With more than 20 million visitors coming to Florida each year, it’s no wonder this state attracts so many vacationers worldwide. In addition to its white-sand beaches and sunny skies, Florida is home to some fantastic attractions that will leave you speechless! So what exactly is the number one attraction in Florida?
Well, if you’re asking me—and I’m always happy to share my opinion on such topics—it’s one of these five fantastic places:
The Florida Keys
The Florida Keys are a chain of islands located in the southernmost part of the state. They’re famous for their beaches and coral reefs and for being home to many restaurants that serve Key lime pie—a delicious dessert made with limes from those same trees.
If you like to swim or snorkel, you’ll want to visit this area during spring break; it’s one of our favorite places for people who love water sports!
Walt Disney World Resort
The Walt Disney World Resort is the most popular attraction in Florida. There are so many amazing things to do and see here that it’s hard to keep up! The main parks are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
There are also smaller parks like Disney Springs (a shopping area), Typhoon Lagoon (an indoor water park), Blizzard Beach (another indoor water park), Disney’s Boardwalk (a mixture of shops and restaurants), and Yacht Club Resort and Beach Club Resorts – a pair of hotels located right on Crescent Lake!
Universal Studios is the place for you if you are a big fan of the film industry and its characters. It is one of the most popular attractions in Florida.
It is a theme park with rides and shows based on movies and other characters. One of its main attractions is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which allows visitors to experience Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by riding roller coasters or participating in interactive games around Hogsmeade Village. Another popular attraction at Universal Studios Orlando is Minion Park, where guests can meet Gru’s Minions from the Despicable Me 3 – 4D show!
South Beach is a popular tourist destination and is renowned for its nightlife. The neighborhood’s beaches, Art Deco architecture, gay scene, and restaurants have made it an international hotspot.
- South Beach is home to more than 10 million visitors each year.
- It’s known for having some of the best beaches in Florida.
- It also has plenty of high-end shops, bars, and restaurants where you can spend your money on designer clothes or fancy dinners if you’re flush!
The Everglades is an area in South Florida. It includes the longest stretch of sawgrass in the world and is home to many endangered species, including the American crocodile, West Indian manatee, and Florida panther. People travel worldwide to experience this beautiful park for its wildlife viewing opportunities, canoeing and kayaking, hiking trails, and fishing spots.
If you love nature but aren’t ready for camping or backpacking adventures yet (or if you’re just not into roughing it), there are RV parks available that allow you to enjoy your surroundings while still having access to creature comforts like bathrooms with hot running water!
Out of all 50 states, Florida is the most visited.
Florida is the most visited state in the United States. Whether looking for a great place to vacation, have fun with your family, or explore something new, Florida has something to offer everyone.
- For those of all ages: Many attractions cater to children and adults alike. It’s hard not to find an attraction that will delight both young and old alike!
- For all tastes: With so many different things to do in Florida, there’s no limit to what you can experience during your time here! Whether you’re looking for amusement parks like Disney World or Universal Studios Hollywood, water parks like Disney Springs or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, museums like SeaWorld Orlando or Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex – there’s something for everyone!
- For all interests: Whether it be something cultural such as visiting Epcot’s World Showcase at Walt Disney World Resort® Theme Parks & Resorts; Orlando Area Hotels; or something educational at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – The Most Fun Place On Earth!® Theme Parks & Resorts; shopping at The Mall at Millenia or spending time outdoors hiking through Central Florida’s beautiful nature reserves—there is no shortage of things do while staying here!
For families, the number one attraction in Florida is most likely Disney World theme parks. This is a given and has been for decades. But what makes it so popular? Well, there are lots of reasons! The first thing is that there are several different parks within the Disney family so everyone can find something they love: Magic Kingdom Park (the most famous), Epcot Center, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom Theme Park (home to Expedition Everest), and more!
There are also lots of fun things to do here, like:
- meet characters from your favorite movies or shows at Fan Festivals; get up close and personal with rare animals at Jungle Cruise Safari;
- explore the world cultures through educational walking tours around their respective countries;
- check out all different types of art exhibitions at Epcot’s International Festival of Arts & Food Festival or International Flower Showcase;
- see some great concerts featuring current pop music stars like Taylor Swift;
- learn about history through educational films shown daily at Theatre of the Stars Theatre in Hollywood Studios park;
- dance around with your friends while listening to live music under giant palm trees during Jammin’ Jungle Parade Daytime Parade.
That’s just scratching how much fun this place offers.
Introduction to The Mall at Millenia The Mall at Millenia, often called Millenia Mall, is a beacon of modern retail and architectural elegance in Orlando, Florida. Since its grand opening on October 18, 2002, this shopping center has redefined the shopping experience and set new mall design and aesthetics standards. Nestled at 4200 Conroy Road, just…
The Foundation and Evolution of Merritt Square Mall Merritt Square Mall, nestled in the heart of Merritt Island, Florida, is a testament to the region’s retail history. Since its grand opening on July 9, 1970, the mall has been a cornerstone of shopping and social gathering. As the oldest shopping mall in Brevard County, it has…
The History and Development of Lakeland Square Mall Lakeland Square Mall opened in 1988 and quickly became a key place for shopping in Lakeland, Florida. It was a big deal for the area because it introduced a new, modern way to shop that met people’s different needs and wants. The mall was made to be…
The Dawn of Regency Square Mall The establishment of Regency Square Mall in 1967 emerged as a pivotal moment, reshaping the retail scene of Jacksonville, Florida. Developed by Regency Centers, this $12 million project transformed an expanse of dunes into a bustling commercial hub. The mall’s opening date, March 2, 1967, heralded the arrival of a new era…
The Historical Significance of Audubon House Nestled in the heart of Key West, Florida, the Audubon House stands as a testament to the rich history and architectural grandeur of the mid-19th century. Constructed between 1846 and 1849, this majestic structure was the brainchild of Captain John Huling Geiger, a prominent maritime pilot and master wrecker.…
Sawgrass Mills: A Retail and Entertainment Powerhouse Nestled in Sunrise, Florida, Sawgrass Mills opened its doors on October 4, 1990, marking a significant milestone in the region’s retail landscape. Developed by the Mills Corporation and now owned by Simon Property Group, this sprawling shopping complex has evolved into one of the largest outlets and valued retail shopping destinations…
Introduction to Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park In Tallahassee, Florida, Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park is a testament to botanical beauty and historical richness. Established in 1953, this 1,176-acre park at 3540 Thomasville Road has evolved from a private recreational estate into a public state park, attracting nature enthusiasts and history buffs alike. The park’s origins…
Introduction to Jacksonville’s Diverse Attractions Jacksonville is a beacon of vibrant culture, natural beauty, and bustling activity in the northeastern corner of Florida. As the largest city by area in the contiguous United States, Jacksonville offers a unique blend of urban charm and natural splendor. From its sprawling beaches to its rich cultural tapestry, this…